Silly execution question

Floyd Brown flobro@mindspring.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:58:03 -0400

I can run gnucash under root OK, when I try to run under my normal lowly
account, I get

----
It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed.
You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.

Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html

If you have slib installed, you may need to create
a symbolic link named 'slib' from the guile directory
(usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
is installed.

You may also need to run the following command as root:

  guile -c "(use-modules (ice-9 slib)) (require 'new-catalog)"
------

Now I tried the recommended steps, and the symlink does exist...

This appears to be a permissions problem, but I have not found the
"smoking gun" as of yet (And I am sure it is something stupid as it
always is).

Thanks for any help.

Floyd