Importing investment accounts from MS Money problem

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:58:20 -0500

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 08:45:02AM -0500, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:
> I'm trying to import around 50 .qif files.  4 of them won't import, I get
> the "Data format inconsistent in QIF file." error.  Looking through the
> mailing list, I see someone had this problem in May, and it was either a
> date or money inconsistency, likely.

That's what the error message means.  Whether it's correct or not is
another story :) Could you send me a short file that causes this
problem?

> This brought up another problem.  Once I've told it I wish to load
> another QIF file, if I don't have another valid QIF file to load,
> I don't see how to get it to go ahead and just use the QIF files I've
> already loaded.

That's definitely a bug.  I'll try to get a fix in soon.

> I think it'd be nice to just tell it to load all the QIF files in this
> directory, as I'd exported them all to one directory to lend itself to
> doing just that.

Good idea.  I'm currently rewriting most of the QIF importer to make
it more testable and useful without a GUI; I'll include this feature
when I redo the GUI.

Bill Gribble