site outage

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:24:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

Some of you may have noticed the gnucash website was down from
Sunday 1AM to Monday 12 Noon (36 hours).  The problem seems to
be associated with a failing/overheating hard drive.  I installed
several additional cooling fans, and rearranged the hard drives
for better circulation after the last lockup some 6-7 weeks ago,
but here we are again; this time the problems worse, and half the
raid partition seems to be gone.  At the moment, I'm happy I'm using
raid, because I sure wouldn't be happy restoring from backups.
They'll be an outage of a few hours in a day or two to swap out
the hard drive.

--linas