gnome-print (a FAQ I know but...)

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:19:00 -0500

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 05:54:15PM -0400, Steve Petersen wrote:
> So why doesn't gnucash's configure file see it?  I aped the command
> 'gnome-config --modversion gnome-print' from user archives, and it
> didn't recognize the library.

When you ask gnome-config about a library called 'foo' it looks for a
file called 'fooConf.sh' somewhere in a "lib" subdirectory of a
GNOME_PATH component.  GNOME_PATH is /usr for most systems, so you
need to have a file called '/usr/lib/printConf.sh' for the "print"
module.

This file generally comes from the "-dev" or development version of
the library package in question, if you installed using a packaging
system.  If you've installed gnome-print from source, you probably
have the printConf.sh file, but you may need to modify GNOME_PATH to
point to it.  You want to set GNOME_PATH to include the "--prefix"
that you used when installing; if you didn't specify one, it's likely
to be /usr/local.

Good luck,
Bill Gribble