Quicken import; compiling errors

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 08:18:55 -0500

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 01:03:05AM +0200, Georg Roesler wrote:
>     qif-parse:parse-action-field : unknown action field "ZinsEinX"
>     qif-parse:parse-action-field : unknown action field "ZinsEinX"
>     qif-parse:parse-action-field : unknown action field "VerkaufX"

The QIF import does not support non-English versions of Quicken for
stocks very well.  The infrastructure to do it is in the code, but I
have never found a list of the stock action types in any other
language.  I found them from the English version only by looking at a
lot of example QIF files.

If you can somehow give me a list of the possible action tags
("ZinsEinX", "VerkaufX", etc) and what they mean in English I can add
support easily.  There are about 30 different tags you will need to
translate, which you should see in a popdown menu in the Quicken
transaction editor.

With regard to the crash, you should wait 1-2 weeks for the release of
Gnucash-1.6.0.  The QIF importer is much improved in the development tree.
It still won't import the German QIF file, but it won't crash while
failing :)

Bill Grible