Mandrake 8

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:26:55 +1000

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:46:33 Michael Winter wrote:
> Still trying to install gnucash 1.6.00 have tried RPM,no success am
> trying to load from source configure gets to DB libraries & says it
> can't find Dbopen, I have the DB libraries installed any ideas anyone
> Regards
> Mick

If you compile from source, you need to install -dev or -devel
packages for each of the libraries, as well as the runtime.

For instance, GnuCash uses libgtkhtml, so you need to install
the libgtkhtml-dev package from the same source with the same version
number.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig