printing in ver 1.6

jens psh@home.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:50:25 -0700

On Tuesday 12 June 2001 21:06, you wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 09:06:08PM -0700, jens wrote:
> > The default printer is 'lpr' and neither it nor my other printer
> > names seem to work.
>
> 'lpr' isn't the default printer, it's the name of the command to use
> to spool the print job.  CUPS is a bit of a strage bird; traditional
> UNIX printing uses a program called 'lp' or 'lpr' to print files.
>
> Replace 'lpr' in the print dialog with whatever command-line program
> CUPS uses to spool print jobs.

Thanks Bill, seems that you are right .... all my printing has been done thru
KDE and no command is obvious as it is hidden by the GUI but I tried the
'Advanced Editor' which also uses the lpr command in the print dialog and it
does the same thing GnuCash is doing.
Seems that I need to figure out how to do some of the basic printing stuff
before I can do fancy stuff. I will do some reading and digging to see what I
can come up with.

Thank you very much for your help.

Jens