libguile.so.6 - where can I get it?

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:25:19 -0400

In a message dated: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 07:58:14 +0200
Kai Andresen said:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install gnucash 1.4.9  on a Suse7.1 system, but cannot
>because of a missing 'libguile.so.6'.
>The Suse package doesn't seem to have it, so does anybody know, where I can
>get it??
>
>Any help appreciated.

I highly recommend you skip up to the 1.6.0 release if you can.
There are a tremendous amount of bug-fixes and feature adds/
enhancements to 1.6.0 that make it well worth the trouble of
upgrading.

As far as libguile, you probably need to install the guile and
guile-dev packages.

Good luck, hope this helps.
--

Seeya,