Data backup

jens psh@home.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:07:45 -0700

On Friday 15 June 2001 16:06, you wrote:
> >  The main file will have the filename 'foo' while all the un-needed (in
> > this case at least) files will be ^foo\.\d{14}\.(log|xac)$ (in other
> > words, the filename, followed by a period, followed by 14 digits,
> > followed by a period, then either log or xac).  The main file will also
> > usually be the newest (`ls -t | head -n1`).  The main file is not always
> > the largest though.
>
> Only works if you have not gone and lost the file names, as Jens did on
> his(?) machine. <grin/>

Despite having a reputation for pulling these 'hands/mouth in gear before
brain got started' things, I blame computer gremlins for this one .... for
some reason or another, in the account I am currently using, Debian/KDE
decided to not use the trash can and dump everything deleted into never-never
land. Still haven't figured out where/what to change to get my trash can
functionality back (hints?).

Jens