gnucash 1.6.0 crashing on opening account

Bart Simons barts@tebenet.nl
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:30:28 -0400

Op zondag 17 juni 2001 20:13, schreef u:
> On 17 Jun 2001 23:47:01 -0400, Bart Simons wrote:
> > Today I installed the Mandrake rpm on my machine (Mandrake 8.0) after
> > removing the Red Hat 7.1 rpm. I had to change gtkhtml from version 9 to
> > version 7 and install gnomeprint-0.29-1mdk. Finally it seemed everything
> > was running properly. I can print reports, but no charts (not yet
> > implemented?). There remains a nasty problem. I work with two files that
> > caused no problems with gnucash 1.4.10. Now, when I try to open some of
> > the accounts, the program crashes. Though, the reconcile window works
> > well.The other 30 accounts open fine. Any suggestions?
>
> Does it consistently crash on the same accounts?
> Are there any error messages associated with the crashes?
>
> thanks,
> dave

It crashes consistently on the same accounts, so I think maybe I have some
corrupted data, that were accepted by the earlier version. Is there a
possibility to repair the file. I get a common gnome crashwarning and have
used that to send a bugreport. Gnucash was not listed in the list of
applications, so I took Gconf instead.
Thanks,
Bart S.