Howto enlarge report diagrams in 1.6.0

Viktor Rosenfeld rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:21:34 +0200

Bill Gribble wrote:

> Every time you make a new report, it will come up with the default
> values.  Each time you select the report from the Reports menu a new
> report is created.

Exactly.  There seems no way of changing the default values from the
GUI.  I've found out the the reports are in
/usr/share/gnucash/scm/report/ (this is on Debian unstable), but I'm
afraid of hacking the files directly.  Besides, there should be a way
for the user of changing these values or am I missing something.

> > No, I meant that when I open a report with a chart for example, close
> > Gnucash and open it again, the report window will be lost.
>
> If that's true, there's a bug somewhere; the reports that are open
> when you quit gnucash should be restored.
>
> There is an open bug report related to HOW you exit gnucash; if you
> use the window manager "close" button, the report information isn't
> saved correctly.  You should use the Exit button or menu option to
> quit gnucash.

Yeah, I just realized this.  However, when I use the window manager
"close" button, gnucash asks me to save unsaved data, as I would expect
it.  Couldn't the saving of recent information be handled there, too.

BTW, is http://bugs.gnumatic.com/ the official place to report bugs for
gnucash and associated programs?  The site doesn't seem to be very
active and I couldn't find the open bug you've mentioned there.

> > (BTW, I just realized, that the charts aren't live.  Ahh, to bad.)
>
> Hit "Reload" to update them with new data.  Automatic (live) updates
> are something we're talking about for the 1.8 release, but creating
> the graphs is a pretty "heavyweight" operation so they may never be
> completely live.

No hurry, I wouldn't call the graph creation zippy on my system in any
case, and I fear that making them live would slow things down much more

Cheers,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld