Howto enlarge report diagrams in 1.6.0

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
18 Jun 2001 15:17:53 -0700

On 18 Jun 2001 23:54:18 +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> > them either, though). To allow people to always use that close button
> > I made the reports be saved when you hit 'Save' as well as when you
> > exit through the other controls.
>
> Great, this is the behavior I would expect.  Question, this will save
> my reports, when I hit the window manager close button, and GnuCash asks
> me to save unsaved changes, right?

Unfortunately, no. If you exit GnuCash via the window manager close
button, by the time the 'do you want to save' dialog comes up there
is no state left to save. I tried to figure out a way around this,
but this is Gnome MDI behavior that is hard-coded.

> Bill, Dave, and all the other GnuCash hackers: You guys are great.  1.4
> was good, but 1.6 rocks.  Keep up the good work, it is very much

Thanks!

> appreciated.  (And don't be annoyed by clueless LWN.net editors.  :)

I was never annoyed by lwn's article and I don't consider
their editors clueless in the least. As journalists, they
are supposed to raise issues and when it comes to the issue
of long dependency trees, there are few poster-childen
better than GnuCash :)

Now, I think the issue has a reasonable answer -- the release
of a stable version of free software is just one more step in
the process of making it widely available. The next step is
making packages for different distributions, putting it into
new stable releases of distributions, packaging it on CD, etc.,
and that all takes time.

The fact that it is free software means that you can short-circuit
this process and install GnuCash immediately, but of course you will
have to pay the costs in time to do so. I think that is a reasonable
trade-off.

dave