Install 1.6 on Debian Unstable (sid)

Gareth Jones gnucash@uberdog.net
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:46:03 +0100

Having a little trouble here. I get a complaint about a missing dependency
(libgwrapguile0 >= 0.9.1). That deb isn't available in unstable, so I make
the assumption that libgwrapguile1 (which is installed) should be adequate
(is this a correct assumption)?

Then I install gnucash with:

dpkg --force-depends gnucash-etc.

This works, and  I can run the program...unfortunately, every time I try to
install something with dselect (using apt as the source), dselect uninstalls
gnucash. This even happens when I tell it to "hold" the gnucash package.

Any hints or pointers? As you can tell, I'm not too hot with dselect /
apt-get etc.

cheers,

Gareth