1.6.0 RPM available for Redhat 6.2 available yet

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:06:21 -0400

In a message dated: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:50:50 EDT
Jean-David Beyer said:

>I infer that Red Hat 6.2 has been abandonned.

There wasn't a 6.2 specific rpm created.  Grap the rpm from:

	http://download.sourceforge.net/gnucash/

and, provided you're 6.2 system is properly up to date with all the
other rpms gc-1.6 requires, then it should work just fine.

I'm in the process of installing this rpm onto a RH6.0 system. It's
taking a while, but that's just because I need to upgrade so many
rpms.  There's no reason why any release of gnucash in rpm form
should be RH release dependent, that's the whole purpose of rpm.

(Obviously there are some rpms which are packaged with newer versions
of the rpm utility itself, and are therefore dependent upon that
version of rpm or later.  However, this is an rpm dependency, not a
RH release dependency.)

Hope that helps.
--

Seeya,