Importing data

Neil B. Cohen nbc@cisco.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:34:05 -0400

Hi all,

I may have to join this mailing list... I finally managed to get gnucash 1.6
installed and running. Thanks to several people on this list who gave me
information.

I then tried to download some data from my bank and import it. The data
is given to me in "Quicken for Windows" format - a file with a .qfx suffix.
Looks like an XML data file. When I try to import it, gnucash tells me
it isn't a QIF data file.

Question - is gnucash not able to read .qfx files? Does anyone know if I
can convert my data to a QIF file?

If I'm going to use gnucash, I expect to download my bank records monthly
directly into the program - it contains my stock info, checks, credit card
purchases etc. I'm not interested in typing that all in by hand. The gnucash
documentation only mentions QIF files - unless I missed something.

Do I have to give up on gnucash again? I hope not...

Thanks for any info you can give me.

nbc

--
NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Cisco Systems Inc.)
PHONE:  703-484-3205