failed to run Gnucash 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

Robert Grasso robert.grasso@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 21:37:46 +0200

Hello everybody,

well, I just supposed that I would succeed : at the beginning I ran into the
python bug; thanks to Michael T. Garrison Stuber, I upgraded the rpms that he
pointed to; then, the master Gnucash 1.6.0 window opened, and displayed my
accounts; unfortunately, from now on GC 1.6.0 crashes each time I try to open
any of my accounts (originally - some weeks ago - imported from MS-Money 3.0
in qif format); the error message is only "Segmentation fault" : it's no
thick enough to write a helpful bug report :-(

I woud like to help, unfortunately I am not a developer - rather
administrator and support. As I need to manage my money, I am going back to
GC 1.4.12, which works and is not so bad ! - and I will wait until the
definitive version for MDK 8.0

These were simple news from my experience
--
Robert Grasso
@home