Installing GNUCash Help Files

Kevin A. Foss kfoss@mint.net
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:13:26 -0400

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 10:06:30PM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> [Michael T. Garrison Stuber wrote:]
> > Also, that doesn't seem to resolve the french issue.  For some reason the
> > build creates the french docs from the SGML and installs them, but the
> > english docs don't seem to make it.  (Nor do any other languages).  This
> > despite the fact that my language settings are english.
>
> The French docs are not created from SGML, they are written
> in HTML directly (they have not yet been converted to docbook).
> The others are created from SGML. What happens when you 'make'
> in doc/sgml/C ?

I had recently noticed that my 'C' documentation wasn't generating
correctly either (it took me a while to notice because substantial
parts of the docs did work, presumeably because they did compile and
install in previous versions.)  Anyway I may be suffering from the problem
described by the original poster.

Anyway, I get the following when I 'make' in doc/sgml/C:

Using stylesheet:
"/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/cygnus/cygnus-both.dsl
"

input file was called gnucash.sgml -- output will be in gnucash

working on ../gnucash.sgml
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/cygnus/cygnus-both.dsl:1:73:W:
cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL
Style Sheet//EN"
jade:/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/cygnus/cygnus-both.dsl:11:0:E:
reference to entity "STYLE-SHEET" for which no system identifier could be
generated

[15 more or so errors in cygnus-both.dsl reported by jade]

jade:E: specification document does not have the DSSSL architecture as
a base architecture
jade:E: no style-specification or external-specification with ID "HTML"

[then a ton of mostly plain text taken from the help source is dumped
and obviously no html is generated]

These erors aren't fatal enough to stop a whole compile so I never
really noticed they were happened until I looked into it.

This is on a Debian unstable system with all of the docbook stuff
updated.  I know little about how the docs work so maybe I am missing
some package, or something is wrong with the Debian docbook/jade tools.

-Kevin
--
Kevin A. Foss ---- kfoss@mint.net