crash on foregin characters..

Viktor Rosenfeld rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:35:06 +0200

Dave Peticolas wrote:

> On 25 Jun 2001 23:25:29 -0500, Eduardo Dominguez wrote:
> > When typing foreign characters with dead keys or with tilde,
> > gnucash segfaults. Where can I report this bug ? How do I know
> > when its fixed ?

This is a really wild guess, but I experienced the same behavior with
GnuCash 1.4.11.  Now back then, I had approx. 3MB of bad ram, which by a
really weird chance caused my locale data to be broken.  So, I had
GnuCash segfaulting not because of the bad ram directly, but because of
a broken locale caused by bad ram.  Re-creating the locale fixed the
problem, even with the bad ram still in place.

So maybe the problem goes away when recreating the locale data.  (I
kinda doubt it, though.)

Cheers,
Viktor
--