libguile problems again.

Didimo Grimaldo grimaldo@panama.iaehv.nl
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 18:05:55 +0100

   I read the archives and none of the postings fixed the problem. I have a
mix

of RH6.2 and RH7.0 (the best/stable of both), i.e. Eridani 6.3. This comes

with libguile.so.6 I tried to install the RH6 gnucash and got a
libguile.so.4

dependency problem. I then tried to install the RH7 version and got the

same message.

Anybody knows how to get this done properly? for a long time I have been
trying

to get gnucash running. First I could not download because of its sheer

immensity (56K link). But now that I finally did it does not even install!

To make things worse the libguile package versioning (1.3.x) does not seem

to correspond to the library version (libguile.so.y) which makes it
confusing.

Anyway, I really want to get this thing running but it always seems to
require

something else. Any constructive suggestions are welcome.
--
       "The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief."
           - Shakespeare "Othello" Act I, scene iii