Can't reconcile

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:21:57 -0800

Andreas Muck writes:
> Hi
>
> I'm using Gnucash 1.4.8. Last week, when I reconciled one account, I
> entered another date instead "today" and probably messed something up,
> because since then I can't reconcile anymore.
>
> Everything works normal, I can select the transactions until "Ending
> Balance" equals "Reconciled Balance", "Difference" show "0", but the
> "Finish" button doesn't become active. When I select "Finish" from
> menu it sais the account is not balanced.
>
> Any idea how to fix that? Can I remove all reconcile information from
> the account somehow and start over?

I don't think you messed anything up. What is probably happening is
a floating-point rounding error, so that the difference is 0 when
printed to 2 decimal places, but is not 0 internally. You can get
around this by selecting 'Finish' from the menu instead of the
toolbar and hitting 'Yes'.

The next version of GnuCash will fix this problem.

dave