gnc-prices tells GnuCash that my T-bills have quintupled in value

Seth Gordon sethg@ropine.com
7 Mar 2001 01:21:38 -0000

I took advantage of the snow day to move the family's accounting from
a forest of StarOffice spreadsheets to GnuCash (1.4.10 on a Red Hat
Linux 6.2 system).

First, I want to congratulate the developers for all the hard work
they devoted to making this excellent program.

Second, I have a problem (or a misunderstanding) with the way
gnc-prices handles mutual funds.  I had an account configured like
so:

Account name: Vanguard money market
Currency: USD
Security: VMPXX
Account type: Mutual Fund
Price quote source: Vanguard

The first line of the register for the account looks something like
this: