gnc-prices tells GnuCash that my T-bills have quintupled in value

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 17:47:19 -0800

Seth Gordon writes:
>    You should adjust the price to be the one at which you bought
>    the shares.
>
> The shares were bought at $1.00 -- the account manager tries to
> maintain a constant $1.00 share price, and returns dividends to
> investors instead of increasing the share price.
>
> Perhaps the solution is simply to classify this as a bank account
> rather than as a mutual fund?

Possible, or simply don't select a price quote source in the
account dialog so you won't get quotes. The quote you received
looked like it was around $5 if I remember, so that would explain
the change in value.

dave