Importing from NationsBank Manage Your Money

Nasa nasa000@home.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:31:41 -0700

Hi,

I have finally got around to trying out gnucash.  I have been using nbmym
for serveral years and wanted to move to something better.  Well, I used the
script linked from the website (and it worked nicely).  I then imported the
files it produced into gnucash and all was well.  Well almost... I have run
into problems concerning split transactions.  Most of my accounts show up
correctly.  However, my main checking account has given me an extra $32,000
and the balances of a few cc are too high.  My question is:  what exactly
should have happened?  When I looked at the accounts, I found a lot of
problems with split transactions:  for example, if I paid credit card X $100
of which $50 went to interest - the transaction would show $50 paid towards
the Credit Card and $100 deducted from the main checking account (all in one
transaction).  What is showing up in Gnucash is a payment towards the credit
card and a payment against for the exact same amount.  What is the proper
way to correct this? Thanks in advance

Nasa