gnucash -> gtkhtml -> gal - how to install it

Florian Schaefer Florian Schaefer" <zini@gmx.de
13 Mar 2001 07:31:22 CET

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:05:10 -0800, Dave Peticolas said:

> > > Those missing references look like they are from gnome-print.
> > > Do you have gnome-print and gnome-print-devel installed?
> >
> > At least this is what I thought. But again, I didn't install the rpm. I
> > used gnome-print-0.9.tar.gz and gnome-config says: cschtml, gdk_pixbuf,
> > gnomecanvaspixbuf, libIDL, libart, libglade, print, xml
> >
> > But I don't know whether this tarball installed the developer files, too.
> > How may I check this?
>
> I believe that is a fairly old version of gnome print.
> You might try installing version 0.25. You can get RPMS
> from ximian.com if you want to avoid compiling.

But I don't have to understand why 0.25 is newer than 0.9? ;-)

Nevertheless, it _worked_. Thanks a lot. One step further. The next error
is waiting, Gtkhtml (gtkhtml-0.8.2.tar.gz) this time:

checking for capplet libraries... configure: error: Did not find capplet
library installed

And once again, help would be appreciated.

Ciao
Florian