Multi-user gnucash

Rich Shepard rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:44:50 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 linas@linas.org wrote:

> How do you exit gnucash?  Do you use the main gnucash
> pulldown menu and select "exit" from that menu?

  Yes. We never shut down an application by closing the aterm in which ir's
running, for that leaves the process open.

> If gnucash does exit, then could you run 'gdb /usr/bin/gnucash' and
> then type 'r' at the gdb prompt; and proceed as normal.  Then, when you
> exit gnucash, does gdb say 'exited normally', or does it say 'received
> signal SIGPIPE' or something like that?
>
> I remember your compaining about this bug a year ago, so I'd like to
> see it resolved ...

  Me, too. :-)

  Let me play around this weekend and report back. I'll also install another
copy on the other workstation so that both workstations run local binaries,
but use the nfs-mounted shared data directory. That might be the solution.

  I'll also confirm that my wife is exiting the app properly.

Thanks,

Rich