file format

Jason Rennie jrennie@ai.mit.edu
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:36:01 -0500

Is there a good description of the 1.4.x (binary) file format anywhere?
I'd like to write a few perl scripts to generate reports from my data.

I know that I could write a scheme script to do this, but writing my own
perl scripts seems like it will be 20x easier (partially b/c I don't know
scheme).  Also, the transaction report breaks (never completes) when I
give it a lot of data.  I know that GNUCash is moving to an XML format,
but I think I'll be using the 1.4.x series for a while now.

Anyway, if there are any descriptions of the binary format, I'd really
appreciate a pointer to it.

Thanks!

Jason Rennie
jrennie@ai.mit.edu