GnuCash 1.4.11 crashes

Thomas Spahni tsp@lawbiz.ch
Wed, 2 May 2001 10:14:14 +0200 (CEST)

Users, Developers,

I have GnuCash 1.4.11 compiled from tarball on SuSE 6.4. It appeared to
work fine for some time but - as I found out today - crashes consistently
(well, not always but most of the time) when trying to generate a report
of all transactions (5th item from the reports menu, called
"Buchungsbericht" in German language).

Datafile is not very big (179793 bytes to be exact) and the symptoms are
CPU usage going up to some 98% for about 20 seconds (it's obviously doing
something) and then GC completely disappears from the X-screen.

My system has 64MB of Memory and 160 Megs of swap space. My impression was
that it succeedds only when overall system load and memory consumption
from other processes was low.

Are there any known problems or similar symptoms on other setups?

Thomas Spahni, Zurich, Switzerland