OFX files

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Fri, 25 May 2001 12:47:09 +1000

On Fri, 25 May 2001 11:08:16 Billy Gates wrote:
> Please include suport of OFX files as a priority.
> Unless you are aware of some other competing standard.

There are different standards around the world, I believe.
Germany has adopted a different one.  Australia doesn't
have a standard at all yet, AFAICT.

> The ability to interact "live" with the bank is pretty
> darn usefull.
>
> I have the ablitiy to use my banks web interface, but
> that is surely lacking.

All of that is correct, but getting OFX support right is
going to be hard, I think.  We will get to it at some stage,
but the amount of time the current developers have is limited
and there are other features that are just as important.
Input from new coders, however, is a great way to speed
up feature development :)

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig