Non-zero balance

James Bennett jim@pescacidal.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 12:16:23 -0700

Hi,

    I've been lurking on your list for some time.  Recently I installed
the rpm for RH 7.x from the gnucash site and:

   I thought the default was to force double entry.  This package seems
to be configured as "loose".  Anyway, after scrubbing my accounts (I had
a few loose ends), my balance sheet shows a "Net" that is the same as on
my P&L.  My understanding is that the balance sheet should net to 0.  Am
I mistaken? How can I get my balance sheet to balance?  Do I need an
equity account and if so can it be created automatically?

TIA and kudos to all who made GnuCash,

Jim