RH7.2 check printing

Greg Woods greg@gregandeva.net
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:51:26 -0700

I realize from previous posts on this topic that not many people seem to
be using check printing. The support for it in GnuCash is minimal at
best. However, I do use it even though I have to enter the position
numbers by hand every time. Having already paid for more than $100 worth
of preprinted checks will make you do things like this :-)  As painful
as this is, it does work.

Last weekend, I decided to upgrade my system to Red Hat 7.2, one of the
main reasons for doing so being that it supposedly supports GnuCash 1.6
out of the box. And, it does. I simply selected "customize packages to
upgrade" in the installer, added gnucash to the list, let it
automatically add a couple more packages it needed to satisfy the
dependencies, and it really did work out of the box. Easiest gnucash 1.6
install I've seen. But (and you knew there was a but) I now have a major
problem. gnucash crashes every time I try to print a check. I enter the
custom format numbers, the second window pops up, I select "print", and
boom! The GNOME "application crash" window pops up and GnuCash is gone.
The same thing happens if I try to print to a file instead of the
printer.

I am just wondering if anyone else has tried to print checks using a
vanilla Red Hat 7.2 install, or if there is anything I can do to fix or
to help debug this problem.

Thanks,
--Greg