Importing self-made formats

lmb lars@marowsky-bree.de
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 20:50:49 +0100

On 2001-11-02T10:03:19,
   Bill Gribble <grib@linuxdevel.com> said:

> You can also use the QIF format, which is fairly straightforward to
> generate and to import.  The QIF importer in the 1.6/1.7 series is far
> better than the one in the 1.3.X series.

I sort of have the same problem with my bank account data.

I think generating QIF files is probably the most sensible, because it can be
used with other software too.

However - I would love it if gnucash had a scriptable API for this, because
that would allow me to automatically merge / reconcile transactions, and all
that without the user (ie, poor me) to manually import a file. I got the
impression that the Engine is supposed to be that way; but I couldn't find
information on that ;-) Where would I start looking?

Or should we better move this to gnucash-devel ?

Sincerely,
	Lars

--
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end."
        -- Margeret Thatcher