solution for check printing problem!

Greg Woods greg@gregandeva.net
Sun, 04 Nov 2001 10:12:21 -0700

Finally, I have something positive to contribute. I recently reported
that the out-of-the-box GnuCash install on Red Hat 7.2 went smoothly and
mostly works well, with the exception that trying to print checks causes
an immediate segfault. One other person reported the same problem on
SuSE 7.3. Someone else said he had tracked this as far as an assertion
failure in the gnome-print package.

It occurred to me that perhaps this is a bug in Red Hat's gnome-print
package rather than in GnuCash. GnuCash is the only application I
personally use that uses gnome-print. It looks like gnumeric also uses
it, but I've got Applixware so I don't use gnumeric. So what I did was
to go to the Ximian site at ftp.ximian.com and download *their* packages
for gnome-print and libgnomeprint15. And it worked! I just installed
these two packages with "rpm -Fvh", and now I can print checks again!

I'd love to know if this works for the SuSE guy too.

--Greg