problems with 1.6.4

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 20:30:09 -0600

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 02:24:08PM -0800, Paul Kinzelman was heard to remark:
> OK, I downloaded the source RPM and am trying to configure,
> but I get the errors:
> Unknown library 'gtkhtml' and 'gal', although it looks like
> 'gal' is the one that really caused configure to quit. Do
> I need 'gtkhtml'?

you need both. gnucash needs gtkhtml and gtkhtml needs gal.

> I had already downloaded gal, gotten it to compile (like
> I said before),  installed it, and rpm for gnucash1.6.2 said it didn't exist

rpm ?? but your compileing from source ???

> (libgal.so.8). So I manually put it in /usr/lib (because I
> found libgal.so.7 there) and also on /usr/local/lib but
> neither seems to be the correct place.

did you run ldconfig afterwords?  you need to run ldconfig

> And how about a link on the gnucash page someplace
> where we can just download it and put it wherever it needs
> to go. That would have saved me (and I suspect lots of other
> people) needless grief.

All the rpm's you need are available on rufus.w3.org
That is one of teh best places to find missing rpm's

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>