Reconciling across book boundaries.

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 09:49:03 -0500

In a message dated: 07 Nov 2001 08:18:43 CST
"Timothy J. Miller" said:

>And a side question-- is there a way to copy the account tree of one set
>of books to another without bringing the balances along?

Yes, use the File->Export feature.  It exports your account tree to
an gnucash xml account.  I save mine as accounts.xac, then when I
need to open a new set of books, I just copy accounts.xac to
new_account.xac and open gnucash with that.

As for your previous question of how to reconcile across fiscal
boundaries, I have absolutely no idea, and would love to see this
handled properly within gnucash at some point!
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon