Postgresql backend

Matthew Vanecek linux4us@earthlink.net
11 Nov 2001 02:28:30 -0600

--=-02eH/3Q5WcMgvVAgGOA3

I just compiled/installed gnucash 1.6.4 via rpm (as an aside, it looks
for /usr/etc/gnucash/config instead of /etc/gnucahs/config, even though
my .rpmmacros says "%{_sysconfdir} /etc".  Something wrong there?).
Anyhow, the conversion from 1.4.x to this latest 1.6.4 seemed to go
pretty smoothly.  I cannot, however, seem to find any documentation on
using gnucash with an SQL back end.  I compiled using the --enable-sql
flag and my postgresql installation was detected successfully by
configure, but there doesn't seem to be any way to set up connections to
the database, or documentation on what needs to be done to create a
database (e.g., what tables/schemas are needed, etc.).  Am I missing
something?=20

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-02eH/3Q5WcMgvVAgGOA3

--=-02eH/3Q5WcMgvVAgGOA3--