BUG report - Date Format in qif? it may be invest type, if the Q line has comma separator

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
13 Nov 2001 21:46:43 -0600

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 20:44, Bob wrote:
> It turns out that the import gets confused when an investment account has
> a transaction where the quantity is > 999.  Seems like it can't decide
> what the currency separators should be.  I have traded warrants and the
> quantities tend to be large.  The very first transaction looked like:

It's not that the quantity is large, it's that there's no way to
determine whether the separator is "," or ".".  As you discovered,
there's a bug in the way this is reported, but the ambiguity is still
there (the correct behavior would be to let you select which separator
to use for that field).

You'd think that since there is one numeric field with a clear format
that we would know what the separator is.  Unfortunately, I have some
sample QIFs created in Germany that use "," as the thousands sep for
some fields and "." for others, within the same transaction!

Thanks for the bug report in any case.  I'll try to fix it soon.

b.g.
whatever.