Generating QIF files

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 02:01:02 +1100

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 19:17:37 Nicolas Marchildon wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've written a small and very basic Java package that I've used for
> importing
> legacy stuff into GnuCash, and I have made it available here:
>
> http://nicolas.marchildon.net/gnu_qif/
>
> One thing I'm not sure of, is the name of the package, which I called
> "gnu.cash". I'm wondering if I have to get "certified", or something, to
> be
> allowed to use the "gnu" prefix.

Only the FSF can speak for themselves, but GnuCash isn't actually an
official
GNU project (though it is released under the GNU GPL) and we haven't heard
anything from the FSF requesting a name change.  Provided it's not a direct
name clash with official GNU software and your code is released as free
software I'd be very surprised if they minded.

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

Go You Big Red Fire Engine
-- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig