Bug: Accounts with umlauts seldom work

lmb lars@marowsky-bree.de
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:22:27 +0100

On 2001-11-19T01:05:01,
   Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> said:

> > Error: gnc_quickfill_insert: bad text conversion
> > Error: gnc_mbstowcs: bad multi-byte conversion
> > Error: gnucash_sheet_modify_curre...(): bad text: Aktiva:Barvermögen:Bargeld
> > Error: gnc_mbstowcs: bad multi-byte conversion
> >
> > at me.
> >
> > Do you have any hints on how to fix this?
> Did you recently upgrade libc? That is where the text
> conversion happens.

No.

I am running the "stock" SuSE Linux 7.3 glibc 2.2.4.

A further data point: It works if I close all reports and restart; then I can
enter the accounts fine.

Something appears to get confused inside guppi; there were also

libguppidata-WARNING **: Method GuppiData::copy not defined.

libguppidata-WARNING **: Method GuppiData::get_size_in_bytes not defined.

libguppidata-WARNING **: Class 'GuppiDataTableCore' is invalid.

messages which I missed originally because they were drowned in the bad text
conversion messages.

Any clue?

Sincerely,
	Lars

--
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end."
        -- Margeret Thatcher