GnuCash 1.6.4 on Slackware 8

Nathan Cummings natecmmg@vt.edu
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:32:37 -0500

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get gnucash 1.6.4 to run correctly on a
basically stock slack 8 system. I can get it to compile just fine but when i go to run it,
i get the following error:

   ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
   ERROR: file not found

if i run it with the extended debugging on this is what i get:

   npc:/usr/src/local/gnucash-1.6.4/src$ GNC_RUN_AS_SHELL=t ./gnucash --debug
   /usr/lib/python2.0/config/libpython2.0.a(posixmodule.o): In function `posix_tmpnam':
   posixmodule.o(.text+0x25fe): the use of `tmpnam_r' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
   /usr/lib/python2.0/config/libpython2.0.a(posixmodule.o): In function `posix_tempnam':
   posixmodule.o(.text+0x255a): the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
   ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
   ERROR: file not found

which doesn't help me much more. the only other packages i needed to install/update were
the following:

    Gdk-Pixbuf 0.13.0, Guppi 0.40.2, slib 2d2, g-wrap-1.3.1

and they all built and installed fairly easily. from the debug info i guess i am led to
believe that maybe it is a python issue (though those warnings don't appear too critical),
but posts on the gnucash archives suggest it might be a g-wrap issue. i can send an strace
dump if that would help.

thanks in advance,
nathan