GnuCash crash recovery

Eric Schwartz emschwar@pcisys.net
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:45:20 -0700

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 06:51:09AM -0600, "Anthony W. Juckel" <awj@digitalgreen.com> wrote:
> ** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font.c: line 194 (gnome_font_new): assertion
> `face != NULL' failed.
> I can't find the default fonts needed by Guppi.
> In 99% of all cases, this means that there is a problem with
> your installed version of gnome-print.
>
> While it looks like I have an error on my system, it would be nice if
> someone with a little more knowledge about gnucash internals could look
> into this.  I generated an strace of the process, but that might be too
> low-level to be good (and it is reproducable, so I'll leave the system
> that way for now, maybe try to figure out if it is a gnucash or guppi
> problem).

It's a guppi problem (see bug #118123).  However, I haven't heard anything
from the guppi maintainer.  The problem seems to be that guppi is searching
for a font, but doesn't ensure that a package with that font is installed.

My problem is that I get this error on starting gnucash, which means that I
haven't been able to keep my finances up-to-date for a couple of weeks now.
I'd like to know what fonts it is that gnucash is searching for, so that at
the very least I can install them by hand on my system, and best case submit
a patch to the guppi maintainer in hopes of getting the package updated
sooner.  How can I get this information?

-=Eric