gnucash/python problem

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:29:34 -0500

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 02:05:36PM -0500, John Thompson was heard to remark:

> I just tried that.  No joy.  I'd try one of the pre-compiled
> gnucash packages but I'm using glibc2.1 and all the precompiled
> ones seem to want glibc2.2

Hmm.  If you are compiling from scratch, annd gan live without
graphs, then disable guppi support.  Gnucash itself doesn't use
python, but guppi wants it for some reason.

The other alternative is to see if you can build a version of
guppi with python disabled ... and then build gnucash with that
version of guppi.  Python really shouldn't be getting in the way

--linas
--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>
     Key fingerprint = 8305 2521 6000 0B5E 8984  3F54 64A9 9A82 0104 5933