QIF syntax question

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:09:59 -0400

In a message dated: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:51:09 CDT
Linas Vepstas said:

>> What about allowing for the creation of aliases/abbreviations to
>> represent either payees, account names, and/or entire transactions?
>> This would really make my day.
>>
>This is harder. This requires writing new gui code to define & edit
>the abgreviations. It requires saving/memorizing the transactions.
>etc. so its much more work...

Couldn't you steal the emacs code that does this and adapt for
GnuCash? Is elisp that different from scheme that it would be
difficult to do?
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon