QIF syntax question

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:42:17 -0500

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 03:23:58PM -0700, Dave Peticolas was heard to remark:
> On Wed, 2001-10-10 at 09:29, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> >
> > Why not make ctrl-x, ctrl-v work for transactions instead of strings?
> > Using a menu for cut-n-paste of strings strikes me as 'dumb', a
> > microsoft-emulation idiocy.  With X11, a 'highlight' is by default a
> > copy to the global clipboard, and a middle-button is already a paste
> > from the clipboard (or you can use the clipboard menus ...), so we don't
> > need yet another mechanism in gnucash, agreed?
>
> It's not gnucash-specific, it is a Gnome standard behavior. In fact,
> Gnome text widgets handle these combinations automatically, which is
> why they work the way they do in the register. That said, it might be
> better for us to switch them to transaction-level behavior in the
> register.

Yes, please. I suspect that gnome set this default only to have a
reasonable default, and that apps should override as appropriate.
In gimp, one pastes drawing elements; in gtt, the original code
(hacked by the original gnome team incl. nat freidman & miguel & other
gnome notables) cut & pasted entire projects.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>