Reconciling after QIF import; Quicken conversion

Rob Brown-Bayliss on_the_net@clear.net.nz
18 Oct 2001 14:25:40 +1300

> Even so, the above are all one-time things which I can live with.  I'm
> probably like most other users in that I'd love to see scheduled
> transactions and budgets like Quicken.  Well, actually, I'd like to
> see budgets done better than Quicken---it would be nice to be able to
> budget at the level of a super-account (e.g., "Taxes") without having
> to budget for all the sub-accounts (e.g., "Taxes:Federal", etc.) and
> still correctly compare budget vs actual (with Quicken 98 Deluxe for
> Mac this doesn't work).

Yeahg, I imagine most users are hungry for the budget feature to be
added.  It's the only thing I want at the moment.

The demand for scheduled transactions I find a bit strange though?  How
are people useing gnucash?

Myself, I down load qif's from my bank at least every week.  All my
scheduled transactions are handled by the bank (power and phone bill,
mortgage payments etc) and as such are represented in the qifs...

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss