Entering transactions - Check number auto-increment

Tim Wunder twunder@iwmail.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 22:29:02 -0400

Is there NOT a way to have gnucash automatically enter the next check number
in the num field when manually entering checks into the checking ledger? It
seems odd that it doesn't do it.
I'm very used to doing Ctrl-N to enter the next check number in Quicken
(version 5 for Winders 3.1). Using the mouse, the num field also provides a
drop-down list for common entries (ATM, DEP, EFT...). When I start to type,
say, "D" for instance, DEP will get filled in, etc.
I can't seem to get gnucash to do something similar. Could be because it
can't...

Regards,
Tim