Crashed gnucash

Alex Garner gnucash@netcraft.com.au
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:11:22 +0930

Hello list,

I apologise in advance if this is a FAQ, but I haven't found an answer
to this in the gnucash doco that I've looked at. I'd also search the
archives, but I don't see a mechanism for that; correct me if I'm
wrong.

I was using gnucash the other day and I pulled a report that resulted
in a crash. I reloaded gnucash and I was back to the data set that I
had on my last save, which doesn't inlcude any transactions from the
save point up to the point of the crash.

I have noticed some 'log' files in the data directory though and
based on a quick analysis of the contents, it would seem that my
tranactions are there. I am wondering if there is some way that I can
apply those 'changes' to the current data file to get me where I was
before my crash.

Thanks in advance.

--

Alex Garner

NetCraft Australia
Phone (08) 8338 0888
http://www.netcraft.com.au

"We have achieved the best possible performance by using
the available power supply & holding the air velocity to
a level which will allow it to heat to the highest
temperature near dry hands could stand on a warm day."