Problem with Gnucash 1.6.2

Frank Sfalanga frank@swflug.org
22 Oct 2001 13:31:26 -0400

Sounds like you were using version 1.4.x before and are now using
version 1.6.2.  There's a significant difference in the way these two
versions work.  There is information in the help files that will explain
the function of "accounts" and how they need to balance when
transactions are entered.  The version 1.4.x of GnuCash wasn't
particular in this regard.  Of course the reporting wasn't any good
either, right?

Your GnuCash isn't broken, it did the same thing for me when I upgraded.
It takes a while to get used to the new way but it's well worth it.

-Frank