Localization problems

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:59:45 +0200

Marcel Felgentraeger wrote:

> I have just upgraded my system to Suse 7.3, running with gnucash 1.6.2. All
> is fine, except the fact, that gnucash is only partially localized. The main
> menu is in german, but if I open an account, I get only english menues and
> buttons. Also some of the buttons have no text in it.

I haven't heard of such a problem before. I'm running Suse 7.2 with the
latest GNOME packages from
http://www.suse.com/us/support/download/gnomes/i386/index.html (Gnucash
is in the "application" directory). They have Gnucash 1.6.3 there. Maybe
you should try to update Gnucash to that 1.6.3 package.

If the problem persists, then maybe you have an old gnucash translation
file hanging around. Do a

find /usr/local/share/locale -name gnucash.mo
find /usr/share/locale -name gnucash.mo
find /opt/gnome/share/locale -name gnucash.gmo

and then try a

rpm -qf /ALL/THOSE/FILES

rpm should tell you whether the files either belong to the installed
gnucash package or whether they don't belong to it. Delete those
superflous files. This should make your system find the right translation.

See ya

Christian Stimming