qif import: empty dropdown box when asking to pick date format

Yurasha Karamazov fuddha@yahoo.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 02:32:27 -0700 (PDT)

I recently switched to linux and have been trying out
gnucash as a replacement for quicken.  I have the
following problem while importing QIF files:

Once i select the file to import and hit next, a
screen pops up called "Set a date format for this QIF
files" which asks me to select a date format from a
drop-down list.  However, the drop down list is empty.
 Meanwhile I see the following message in the console:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcombo.c: line 849
(gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings): assertion `strings !=
NULL' failed.

Which seems to relate to the same thing.

If i hit "Next" after that the application crashes.

I tried using perl to changing date format on my QIF
files to things like "mm-dd-yyyy", "mm/dd/yyyy", etc.
(quicken standard seems to be "mm/dd` yy"), but it
doesn't help.

Any advice?

  - yuri