Updated debian unstable packages (fwd)

Miah Gregory mace@darksilence.net
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:31:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Anthony W. Juckel wrote:

> Miah Gregory wrote:

>> I've packaged up g-wrap 1.2.1, and also packaged gnucash 1.6.4.
>> You can find the new deb's at http://www.darksilence.net/gnucash/.

>> Download them, and use dpkg -i to install them.

>> Make sure you do the usual backups in advance, in case anything goes
>> wrong. Hopefully nothing will, but you never know. If you do find
>> problems, please don't hesitate to let me know (probably best to reply
>> on this list).

> I'm a debian user, so this is definitely of interest to me, but I had a
> couple quick questions.

Fire away.

> First, I notice you aren't the official debian maintainer of GnuCash,
> so I'm wondering

> a) have you had any contact with the maintainer, and is he still active,

I'm not the official debian maintainer, of GnuCash, or any other package.
I am however a debian user with an interest in GnuCash working for me. :-)

I've not contacted the maintainer, I believe he is active to some degree
(although I know no more than anyone else on the #gnucash channel).

> and b) how does your package differ from the standard debian packages?

Basically, they're working versions, which the ones in the unstable feed
aren't.

Having said that, John Goerzen has let me know that the problem has now
been fixed, so my packages shouldn't be needed.

Ah well. :-)

( Forwarded, after I realised that I'd not sent it to the list)

--
Miah Gregory